Disaster recovery (DR)
1. Reasons to use disaster recovery solution:
During the strong economic growth in Vietnam, the strong development of the IT system is a powerful tool to help enterprises develop. The growth of the organizations and the enterprises will result in the continuous growth of the IT system, especially data storage system. Typically, enterprises will build their own Data Centers, Server Rooms with adequate powerfully-configured categories and devices, as well as focusing on safety assurance and the ability to recover data for the system and improving availability in any information exchange activity and considering it as an important part of maintaining all the activities of organizations and enterprises.
Disasters can occur in various forms: natural disaster, storm, flood, earthquake, tsunami, fire hazard, lightning, power system failure, virus… causing data loss, even absolutely collapsing the system thereby causing damages to organizations and enterprises.
DR is the solution to ensure the ability to recover a data center from a different site when the primary site faces with disaster resulting in suspending all communication activities of the organizations and enterprises.
2. Solution for prevention and disaster recovery:
Planning data recovery and prepare the infrastructure to respond to when disasters strike is an important work task including the following procedures: Plan for recovering data, applications, hardwares, transmission (connection) channel and other IT infrastructures. The enterprises providing data recovery services must prepare key staff, connection and other facilities.
DR is a model applicable to small and medium-sized enterprise system, require a high availability. In Vietnam, this solution is suitable for banks, companies and institutions related to finance, telecommunications and electricity…
Main components of Disaster Recovery include:
- Primary Data Center: Includes server device system, workstation, storage/backup equipment, connection devices, LAN network system, SAN-Storage Area Network;
- Management and Administration software: Allows to set data replication mechanisms, manage and run communication versions between two sites (Data Center and Disaster Recovery), plans to allow automatic replication system and disaster recovery
- Remote Disaster Recovery Center: Depending on the required level of DR of organizations and enterprises that Viettel IDC will advise customers solutions to establish various remote data recovery centers. The simplest level is to equip each server or storage disk cabinet needed for remote replication. The most advanced level is to build a new remote Data Center DR with adequate equipment such as a primary data center system, backup, protecting the entire data of the system, maintaining the continuity of information system for organizations and enterprises.
- WAN connection system between two sites: WAN system connecting two sites is a decisive factor for remote data replication manner.
Disaster prevention for large data centers is the indispensable work for any organization or enterprise with strong IT applications. Depending on the extent and impact of IT on the activities of organizations and enterprises, disaster prevention measures and safety data will be made accordingly.
DR service of Viettel IDC:
Viettel IDC provides disaster recovery service with Tier 3-standard Center Data System, professional and experienced experts. Viettel IDC will bring customers a most suitable solution, taking maximum advantage of the existing equipment of the enterprises, maximally saving investment costs…
Orther services at Viettel IDC
Dedicated server leasing
Please contact with us:
– Hanoi capital: 16th Floor, Hapulico, Center Building, 01 Nguyen Huy Tuong St, Thanh Xuan Dist., Ha Noi.
– Ho Chi Minh City: 131 Tran Huy Lieu St, 8 Ward, Phu Nhuan Dist., HCMC.
Hotline: (+84) 944.991.779 – (+84) 986.706.839
Phone: 18008000 – Ext: 423